Invitation to 2014 Beijing (Yanqing) International Wine Exposition
--The High-end Platform to Enter Chinese Wine Market
In order to promote exchanges and cooperation between Chinese and international wine industry, the “2014 Beijing (Yanqing) International Wine Exposition” will be held in Yanqing, Beijing from July 29 to 31, 2014. Organized by International Society for Horticultural Science, Ministry of Agriculture, Chinese Academy of Sciences and People’s Government of Beijing Municipality, the Expo also enjoys full support from China Council for the Promotion of International Trade. With a total exhibit area of approximately 25,000 square meters, the Expo aims to build a platform for international wine trading and exchanges, and to display eastern and western wine culture.
Compared with other domestic and international wine exhibitions, the Expo has its unique advantages, which are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
1. Held concurrently with international conference and has a high-profile organizing committee: the Expo is an integral part of International Conference on Grapevine Breeding and Genetics, which is known as the Olympiad of world grape industry. Experts and scholars on wine and wine makers around the world will gather together to discuss the future of grape wine industry.
2. Huge market demand: the “2013 Chinese Wine Report” shows that the wine expenditure in China reached more than 16 billion USD annually and Chinese wine consumption capacity is about 1.8 billion liters per year, about 25% of which is imported wine. China has become the world’s fifth largest wine consuming country. More and more international famous wine manufacturers take tapping Chinese wine market as an important development strategy.
3. Who will participate in? Till now, famous brand wine businesses from China’s ten wine producing regions all have confirmed to participate in the Expo. The Expo will also gather well-known wineries and wine enterprises from traditional wine countries such as Italy, Spain, France, as well as from up-rising wine countries including South Africa, Australia, Chile, etc.
4. Who will visit? The Expo is expected to receive more than 20,000 professional visitors, with daily average of more than 4,000 people. The organizing committee has invited top China’s wine importers, purchasers, dealers and distributors from various industries such as wholesalers, retailers, high-end hotels and airline companies to attend the Expo as a strong procurement delegation. They will have face-to-face discussions with international wine exhibitors on various forms of cooperation including import and export, agent, investment and winery procurement.
5. Free access to International Top Wine Challenge Contest. Till now, world well-known wine masters including Anthony Hanson and James Halliday have confirmed their participation in tasting contest. All international participants can attend the tasting contest free of charge and have the opportunity to provide wine samples to attend the contest, which will be conducive to foreign exhibitors to promote their popularity and credibility among Chinese buyers.
6. Sell your products in the most important Wine Trading Center: Beijing Yanqing will become one of China’s most important wine trading and import base. A new wine Trading Center and Bonded warehouse has been established there, so as to provide exhibitors with unique opportunities for business discussion as well as value added services to facilitate post expo business deals. The wine trading center has signed procurement agreement with many Chinese wine purchasers.
7. Favorable Conditions: In order to attract more international exhibitors, unprecedented favorable conditions will be provided. For enterprises applying for 1-3 booths, the organizing committee will bear the expense for one person’s international round trip air tickets and accommodation expenses during the exhibition; for enterprises applying for 4 or more booths, the quota will increase to 2 persons. The booth fee is $1000/9㎡ for shell scheme, $80/㎡ for space only. (Special design and stand set-up cost shall be borne by participants themselves.)
The above is a brief introduction of the Expo. For more information, please log on the website www.bjwinexpo.com. We welcome international wine enterprises intending to explore Chinese market to participate in the exhibition. For details, please consult CCPIT personnel:
Attachment: 1.Introduction of “2014 Beijing (Yanqing) International Wine Exposition”
2. International Top Wine Challenge Contest